In September 2018, the village once again conducted the National Citizen Survey™ (NCS) by asking a random sampling of 1,600 households to provide feedback on the quality and usefulness of village services. This is the third time the survey has been implemented in the village, and respondents rated several village services more positively in 2018 than in 2014. These services included traffic signal timing, snow removal, bus and transit services, garbage collection, and street repair. Other key highlights from the 2018 survey include:
- 93% of respondents rate the village as an excellent or good place to live.
- 95% feel safe in their neighborhoods.
- 92% of respondents would recommend Schaumburg as a place to raise a family.
- 91% gave positive ratings to the overall image and overall appearance of the village.
Survey findings will be used to guide strategic planning, allocate resources, and provide insights to departments regarding programs and services. Some of the areas that residents identified for the village to focus on over the next two to three years include:
- Enhance community engagement
- Promote economic development
- Improve transportation infrastructure
- Expand housing options
- Encourage emergency preparedness
For more information on the survey, contact the Village Manager's Office at (847) 923-4702.
2018 National Citizen Survey Community Livability Report
2018 National Citizen Survey Trends over Time Report
2016 National Citizen Survey Summary of Initiatives