Updated: March 2013
The village will hold two public hearings on its Electric Aggregation Program Plan of Operation and Governance.
Click here for details.
On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 the Village of Schaumburg Board of Trustees approved the award of a contract for Consulting Services for Electric Aggregation to Independent Energy Consultants, Inc. per their proposal on December 13, 2012. With the consultant’s assistance the village will continue with implementation as outlined below. The village is looking to host the two public hearings by early March to review the Plan of Operations and Governance with residents and small business owners. Please note the Village of Schaumburg has NOT chosen an alternative retail electric supplier and is NOT currently in negotiations with an electric supplier.
Municipal Electric Aggregation Implementation Process:
1) Referendum passed on November 6
2) Review of Consultant’s proposals
3) Plan of Operations and Governance created & Ordinance (approved at Village Board meeting)
4) Two Public Hearings to discuss the village’s Plan of Operations and Governance
5) Village submits Request for Proposals from Alternative Retail Electric Suppliers
6) Alternative Retail Electric Supplier is chosen and contract is finalized
7) Residents informed by mail of finalized rate for the supply of electricity
8) Eligible residents receive Opt-Out letters from the village
9) Residential and small commercial retail customer accounts switched from ComEd to the village’s new electric supplier
The village’s aggregation program will not affect how customers receive electricity, report outages or pay bills. Under the aggregation program, ComEd will no longer be generating electricity though they still distribute the electricity and will continue to be responsible for billing issues and power outages.
For more information, please contact Jessica DeMory in the Manager’s office at 847.923.4702 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please look at the Frequently Asked Questions on the village website at http://www.ci.schaumburg.il.us/Docs/Press/Pages/MunicipalAggregationFAQs.aspx for further information.
Read article titled:
Municipal Electrical Aggregation Approved
UPDATED: November 12, 2012