Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
This parking contract allows you to park one (1) vehicle in a designated area at your own risk for the effective dates of the purchased permit. Either party may terminate this contract at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party thirty (30) days written notice to terminate.
The Village of Schaumburg does not agree to safeguard your vehicle or assume care, custody or control of your vehicle or its contents. The Village of Schaumburg is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss to your vehicle or its contents. Only a license to park is guaranteed hereby, and no transfer of ownership is created. In the event that a lawsuit is filed for any casualty to your vehicle or its contents, you agree to defend and indemnify the Village of Schaumburg for any other type of loss including attorney fees. This is your contract and no Village employee may modify or waive any of the contract terms.
MONTHLY PARKING RULES AND REGULATIONS
Non-Compliance of any of the below rules and regulations may result in a parking violation or having your parking privileges revoked.
- Monthly parking fees are due before the customer uses the permit.
- Registration of vehicle(s) can only be accomplished online. Customers must sign up and pay for parking online via the website. One (1) permit can register up to 4 vehicles, but only 1 vehicle shall park in the parking lot at one time.
- The customer is responsible for selecting the appropriate days for the permit. While purchasing a permit, customers will be held responsible to confirm that the days they are selecting are for the appropriate permit and permit period.
- If customers are using Auto-Renewal, customers will be held responsible to confirm that their parking has renewed by the 1st day of the permit period. Schaumburg will provide a courtesy reminder email however will not waive violations issued for customers who have allowed their permits to lapse without payment.
- The customer is responsible for keeping their payment, profile, and vehicle information up to date on the online pay portal.
- Customers shall park only in the lot for which they have purchased a permit. Customers agree to follow all instructions of the facility, lot personnel and posted signage i.e. designated parking area.
- Parking is first come/first serve and non-reservable unless specified within a lease agreement.
- Overflow parking is only permitted for special reasons (ex: a full lot). Any parkers found paying for one lot and parking in another without authorization will receive a violation.
- All Cancellations must be made BEFORE the last day of the month. Customers can cancel parking online ANY day before the last day of the month to halt parking charges. A customer can finish out the contract for the remaining days left in the current period that is paid. No refunds are given for late cancellations.
- No refunds or credits. All sales are final for daily, monthly, and quarterly purchases.
- The Village of Schaumburg reserves the right to increase daily, monthly, or quarterly rates as needed. Schaumburg will provide at least one emailed notice to commuters to notify them of planned rate increases.
- If a customer does not cancel by the last day of the month, they are subject to these rate changes (see #11). By not cancelling they agree to any indicated rate changes.
- All customers are subject to rate changes imposed made by the Village of Schaumburg notwithstanding when the parkers previously purchased.
- All Auto-Renews take place on the first day of the month. By signing up you are agreeing to the rates which are associated with the lot that your credit card is connected to.
- Permits purchased after the first day of the permit period will not be pro-rated.
- All prices for parking are final and non-negotiable.
- The Village of Schaumburg reserves the right to close the facility in the event of an emergency or occurrence, without notification or compensation.
- No prior notice is required for proceedings and events that are taking place in/around the parking facility that are not held by the Village of Schaumburg. It is the responsibility of the customer to gain said knowledge that other agencies may impact access to the parking lot.
- Customer understands that the lots are park at your own risk, and Schaumburg will not be held liable for any damages or stolen belongings. Do not leave valuables, cell phones, wallets or purses (etc.) in your vehicle. Hide and/or lock up all of your belongings.
- All violations must be paid or appealed in the manner listed on the issued violation.
- These Terms and Conditions are not negotiable.
Thank you for your understanding.