Licenses shall be issued only to bona fide religious, charitable, labor, fraternal, educational or veterans' organizations that operate without profit to their members and which have been in existence continuously for a period of five (5) years.
Raffle applicants are required to:
- Apply for a raffle license by submitting a completed application to the Finance Department 847.923.4532 or fax 847.923.2409
- Applications will be submitted to the Village Board for review and approval. Village Board meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month.
- All operation of and the conduct of raffles shall be under the supervision of a single raffles manager designated by the organization. The manager shall give a fidelity bond in the sum of an amount determined by the licensing authority in favor of the organization conditioned upon his honesty in the performance of his duties. The village board may waive this bond requirement by including a waiver provision in the license issued to an organization provided that a license containing such waiver provision shall be granted only by unanimous vote of the members of the licensed organization. The letter must state that "Our Board voted unanimously to waive the fidelity bond requirement".
- There is no application fee for a raffle license.
- Click here for fillable form