SCREEN TEST LOCAL FEST
Friday, April 20, 2018 -- 7:30 pm
Open to high school students who live within 30 miles of Schaumburg.
The 12th annual Screen Test Student Fest announces Screen Test Local Fest, a new event for Friday, April 20, 2018.
The competition is open to all high school students who live within 30 miles of Schaumburg. All accepted films will vie for cast prizes totaling $700.
The winning film automatically advances to Screen Test’s International High School Competition on Saturday, April 21. Other films may also advance based on their merit (you don’t have to win Best in Show to advance!).)
Prizes To be Awarded at Local Fest
Best in Show - $300
2nd Place - $200
3rd Place - $100
Audience Award - $100
Screen Test reserves the right to withhold awards for any category where criteria are not met.
Enter online now:
Complete Submission Guidelines and Information
- Projects with a running time of 10 minutes or less will be accepted.
- As of April 20, 2018, primary Director and Writer must be a high school student in grades 9-12.
- Filmmaker must be present at festival (no substitutes allowed).
- Per submission, entry fee is $10
- Only three submissions (i.e. projects) are allowed per person.
- Only projects completed after March 1, 2017 are eligible for competition.
- Production photographs and other supporting materials and information (i.e. bios) may be included with the application.
- Permission and/or licensing rights for any music used in a project must be acquired from the publisher and/or composer.
- While the work submitted remains the property of the creating artist, the Village of Schaumburg reserves the right to use submitted footage or stills to promote the festival at any time. Filmmaker also permits use of images or video taken of him or her at the festival.
- Deadline for submission: Monday, February 19, 2018 (late deadline March 2, 2018).
- All filmmakers will be notified regarding acceptance into the festival by Tuesday, March 27, 2018.