SCREEN TEST JUNIOR
Whether you’re a school with a studio or a kid with a camera, we want to show your movie! Open to students in grades 5-8. Teacher or parent supervised films are accepted, along with individual projects. Content must be age-appropriate (please watch the language, no excessive violence, and nothing naughty). The top film will receive a $100 cash prize.
Entry Fee $5 (limit 3 submissions per person).
How to Enter:
1. The cool, easy, hip way...
2. The way your great grandpappy would've done it using a dial-up modem...
Download Entry Form, get out calligraphy set to fill it out, get a banque check or find one of the last establishments on earth that can prepare money orders, borrow a really big envelope from school or work, blare trumpet for Pony Express.
Submission Guidelines and Information
- Projects with a running time of 10 minutes or less will be accepted.
- As of fall, 2016, primary Director and Writer must be a student in grades 5-8.
- Filmmaker must be present at festival (no substitutes allowed). Out-of-state filmmakers may attend via live video call (i.e. Skype).
- Per submission, entry fee is $5.
- Only three submissions (i.e. projects) are allowed per person.
Only projects completed after February 15, 2016 are eligible for competition.
Production photographs and other supporting materials and information (i.e. bios) may be included with the application.
- Permission and/or licensing rights for any music used in a project must be acquired from the publisher and/or composer.
- While the work submitted remains the property of the creating artist, the Village of Schaumburg reserves the right to use submitted footage or stills to promote the festival at any time. Filmmaker also permits use of images or video taken of him or her at the festival.
- All projects submitted on DVD must be labeled with title, director name and contact phone number. Submitted materials (e.g. DVDs, photo prints) are not returnable.
- Deadline for submission (postmarked by): Monday, February 13, 2017.
- All filmmakers will be notified regarding acceptance into the festival by Monday, March 27, 2017.