SCREEN TEST FESTIVAL & COMPETITION
Saturday, April 22 -- 7:30 pm
Open to all high school students
The best of the best, showing high school student short films from here and abroad. All filmmakers must be present to participate. Out-of-state filmmakers may attend via live video call.
Top prize: $500 to Best in Show
Featured prize.... Local Hero Award, a $250 cash prize to the best film by a student within 30 miles of Schaumburg, IL.
Entry Fee $10 (limit 3 submissions per person)
Prizes To be Awarded at the Festival
Best in Show - $500
2nd Place - $250
3rd Place - $100
Local Hero - $250
Achievement in Writing - $100
Highest Production Values - $100
Mayor’s Award - $100
Audience Award - $100
Screen Test reserves the right to withhold awards for any category where criteria are not met.
How to Enter:
1. The cool, easy, hip way...
2. The what's-an-internet? way...
Download Entry Form, get out Corona Typewriter to fill it out, have your mom write out a check, run to Staples and get an envelope that'll fit all your stuff, find the post office on Google Maps and wait in line to have your package weighed and sent.
Complete Submission Guidelines and Information
- Projects with a running time of 10 minutes or less will be accepted.
- As of fall, 2016, primary Director and Writer must be a student 9-12
- All directors must be born after February 6, 1998.
- Filmmaker must be present at festival (no substitutes allowed). Out-of-state filmmakers may attend via live video call (i.e. Skype).
- Per submission, entry fee is $10
- Only three submissions (i.e. projects) are allowed per person.
- Only projects completed after February 15, 2016 are eligible for competition.
- Production photographs and other supporting materials and information (i.e. bios) may be included with the application.
- Permission and/or licensing rights for any music used in a project must be acquired from the publisher and/or composer.
- While the work submitted remains the property of the creating artist, the Village of Schaumburg reserves the right to use submitted footage or stills to promote the festival at any time. Filmmaker also permits use of images or video taken of him or her at the festival.
- All projects submitted on DVD must be labeled with title, director name and contact phone number. Submitted materials (e.g. DVDs, photo prints) are not returnable.
- Deadline for submission (postmarked by): Monday, February 13, 2017.
- All filmmakers will be notified regarding acceptance into the festival by Monday, March 27, 2017.