Foundation repair work requires a permit. If you have hired a contractor(s) to perform the work, they must obtain a Contractor's Business License with the Village before issuance of the permit.
If you have any questions, please contact the Permitting Division of the Community Development Department at 847.923.4420.
- Residential Foundation $170; Residential Repair $100
- Commercial Foundation $903; Commercial Repair $100
- Commercial village permit application
- Two (2) copies of your plat of survey indicating the location of the improvement shown to scale.
- Two (2) copies of the stamped drawing describing the work to be done. These drawings must be stamped by a licensed Structural Engineer or Architect.
- The objective of the Engineer should be to design and recommend cost effective remedial measures. Remedial measures should address diminished structural integrity and performance identified during the evaluation process. Recommendations for remedial measures should include a clear description of what the remedial measures are intended to accomplish. The Engineer who provides sealed remediation documents or plan and specifications must be the Engineer of record and shall have approval authority over any changes.
- Rough framing
- Final framing
Inspections can be scheduled up to 4pm the business day prior to the requested inspection date by contacting the Permitting Division of the Community Development Department at 847.923.4420.