There are a variety of public transportation options to choose from within the Village of Schaumburg. Recognizing the strategic link that Schaumburg provides to Chicago and most of the surrounding suburbs, the Metra Train and Pace bus services have located central hubs and stations throughout the village.
Pace Bus Route 602 in particular serves the Schaumburg Metra Station by providing rush hour feeder service for places in central Schaumburg like Colony Lakes, Autumn Chase, Salem Hill, Interlude Apartment complexes, Weathersfield, and Legend Park to the Schaumburg Metra Station.
In an effort to continue to serve your transportation needs better, the Village of Schaumburg is seeking your input through a brief survey where it can learn more about your commuting habits and preferences as it relates to Pace Bus Route 602.
Take the Survey Online Now. Paper copies of the survey will also be provided at the Robert O. Atcher Municipal Center, 101 Schaumburg Ct., Schaumburg. Surveys can be submitted until Friday, April 3.
For questions regarding this survey or any of the other transportation options provided in Schaumburg, please contact Transportation Manager Richard Bascomb at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (847) 923-3862.
The RTA (Regional Transportation Authority) has a convenient online guide that will describe how to use the train and bus services in the city and suburbs. Simply put in the beginning and ending address, and the guide will describe which bus routes and train routes to take, along with times and locations.
Below are two websites that can be used to search ways to get from one point to another using busses and trains.
RTA Trip Planner or Goroo
- The Metra train service has a station located at the south-west end of the village, at 2000 S. Springinsguth Road.
- Pace Bus has a major hub location near the Streets of Woodfield (The Northwest Transportation Center), where seven scheduled routes make stops. In addition to the regularly scheduled services, express busses to special events such as Bear’s and Cub’s games pick up at this location, and the Woodfield Trolley.
- Pace bus service has over a dozen scheduled and special event routes that pass through the village.
- Dial-A-Ride is a village sponsored program that provides door to door service within the Village of Schaumburg.
- Taxi discounts are available for qualifying Village of Schaumburg residents who are enrolled in the Illinois Benefit Access program.
- TRIP program which will provide transportation across township lines for medical reasons for senior citizens and persons with disabilities.
- The RTA Ride Free and Reduced Fare Cards can be applied for at the Village of Schaumburg Transportation Department.