There are a variety of public transportation options to choose from within the Village of Schaumburg. Recognizing the strategic link that Schaumburg provides to Chicago and most of the surrounding suburbs, the Metra Train and Pace bus services have located central hubs and stations throughout the village.
Public Transportation Survey - Responses Due Dec. 18, 2015
The Village of Schaumburg wants to hear from you! The village is conducting a survey regarding public transportation and we're looking to gain a better understanding of the community's habits and needs. The survey is intended for anyone, whether they currently use public transportation or not so please take a moment and fill out this brief survey online. The survey closes Friday, Dec. 18, 2015. Thank you in advance for your participation. Questions can be directed to Richard Bascomb, Transportation Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 923-3862.
Take the survey now.
The RTA (Regional Transportation Authority) has a convenient online guide that will describe how to use the train and bus services in the city and suburbs. Simply put in the beginning and ending address, and the guide will describe which bus routes and train routes to take, along with times and locations.
Below are two websites that can be used to search ways to get from one point to another using busses and trains.
RTA Trip Planner or Goroo
- The Metra train service has a station located at the south-west end of the village, at 2000 S. Springinsguth Road.
- Pace Bus has a major hub location near the Streets of Woodfield (The Northwest Transportation Center), where seven scheduled routes make stops. In addition to the regularly scheduled services, express busses to special events such as Bear’s and Cub’s games pick up at this location, and the Woodfield Trolley.
- Pace bus service has over a dozen scheduled and special event routes that pass through the village.
- Dial-A-Ride is a village sponsored program that provides door to door service within the Village of Schaumburg.
- Taxi discounts are available for qualifying Village of Schaumburg residents who are enrolled in the Illinois Benefit Access program.
- TRIP program which will provide transportation across township lines for medical reasons for senior citizens and persons with disabilities.
- The RTA Ride Free and Reduced Fare Cards can be applied for at the Village of Schaumburg Transportation Department.