Fire 
Monthly Report - February  2014 


Overview

Fire Department

Five fire stations are located throughout the village. The department offers emergency response services including fire, ambulance, hazardous materials, underwater rescue and recovery, high angle, trench and confined space rescue; and education/fire prevention programs including school presentations, fire safety trailer, station tours, high rise drills, and Explorer Scout Post 333.

Organizational Chart

Fire Department Organizational Chart

Key Activities

   

The Schaumburg Fire Department responded to 777 incidents in February 2014.   Emergency medical service requests accounted for 465 or (60%) of the monthly total. The remaining 312 or (40%) of the incidents were fire/rescue related requests.

There were three structure fire losses for the month of February to report.

February 6, 2014 at 2821 Belle Lane

Origin: Bedroom garbage can.

Cause:  Careless use of smoking materials.

 

February 15, 2014 at 1118 Manchester Road

Origin: Garage.

Cause: Careless use of smoking materials.

 

February 25, 2014 at 1427 Valley Lake Drive

Origin: Closet.

Cause:  Candle.

Mutual aid was provided to other communities for 54 total incidents and was requested by Schaumburg for 15 total incidents. 

OPERATIONS MONTHLY REPORT/FEBRUARY 2014

 There were no reported incidents for the month of February for Safety Committee review.  

Structure Fire Loss: (3)

2821 Belle Lane
1118 Manchester Road
1427 Valley Lake Drive
 
15 Mutual Aids Received:
Elk Grove Village
(5)
Hanover Park
(1)
Hoffman Estates (3)
Rolling Meadows
(1)
Streamwood
(5)
              
54 Mutual Aids Given:
Bloomingdale
(1)
Elk Grove Village
(2)
Hoffman Estates
(42)
Mount Prospect
(2)
Rolling Meadows
(4)
Roselle
(1)
Streamwood
(2)
 

*Hoffman Estates had a ladder truck out of service this month for major repairs.  This situation inflated the mutual aid provided for this month.

Monthly Performance

EMS ACTIVITY MONTH CHART

EMS ACTIVITY YEAR TO DATE

AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME

MUTUAL AID GIVEN YEAR TO DATE

MUTUAL AID RECEIVED YEAR TO DATE

MUTUAL AID GIVEN MONTH

MUTUAL AID RECEIVED MONTH

FIRE RESCUE INCIDENTS

Goals

 
101 Schaumburg Court, Schaumburg, IL 60193-1899
P: 847.895.4500, F: 847.895.7806

Dial 311 for non-emergency requests